Chapin Chronicle

SPED Prom

Back to Article
Back to Article

SPED Prom

Rion Sims

Prom is the one night that many students look forward to. For some, they are not given the opportunity to attend because they are a little different from everyone. With the help of Student Council, the special needs students that are attending Chapin will have a prom that is exclusive to them. The Students will get ready for a day in Candy Land come May 18th.
Mrs. Oshiro, Student Council director, wanted to be involved with the event because, “These students don’t always get to experience high school the same way that everyone else does, so having a prom that they will get to take part in is really special.”
Ms. Lopez, one of the special needs teachers, has a special day planned out for the students. “We want the kids to have fun so we want to have a candy bar, chocolate fountain, and a couple of tables for games for them to play.”
Prom is something that a lot of these kids don’t get to experience so the fact that our own students are getting one is really cool. It is something that they are going to enjoy since they are going to be dancing and having fun. Time to get the party started.

• SPED Prom

Features

Escape Rooms: The Game VS. The Terrifying Reality

• SPED Prom

Features

Chapin Orchestra Goes to Disney!

• Features

Husky Book Recommendations

• SPED Prom

Features

Addicted to Blue (Screens)

• Features

Social Media as Socializing?

• SPED Prom

Features

“Playing Hooky” or Needing a Break? – An Examination of School Absence Policies and Mental Health Days, Part 2

• SPED Prom

Features

“Playing Hooky” or Needing a Break? – An Examination of School Absence Policies and Mental Health Days, Part 1

• SPED Prom

Features

Lockers? A good idea, or a bad solution?

• SPED Prom

Features

Goodbye Old Friend

• SPED Prom

Features

Solo and Ensemble 2019

The Chapin High School Newspaper
SPED Prom