Chapin Chronicle

The Chapin High School Newspaper

Chapin Chronicle

The Chapin High School Newspaper

Chapin Chronicle

Hardwork and Friendship on the Track Team

The school’s track team has won many awards because of the hard work from their athletes. The athletes talked about how they are inspired to continue track, the problems they defeated, and fun memories of their high school track season.

Atamu Erickson began track from being in football, Jumbei Foster was inspired to join track because of his older sister. Sianna Butler and Taeniajah Dukes say they got into track because of their mothers and naturally being good at running.

But even though they continue to grow their running skills, they still deal with the challenge of having good grades and still training for track. Alyssa Rojo and Yakira DeRouen talked about this struggle, while Sianna and Taeniajah talked about how scary it can be running against varsity girls as freshmen.

The athletes have a lot of mental strength to do good in track. Julian Bailey goes to meets already feeling relaxed, and others may pray or listen to music before a race.

The athletes gave a lot of advice to people that want to join track. The thing most people agreed on was to stay strong when running. They talk about how important it is to stay strong minded even if things get hard, as well as believing in yourself.

Saniyah Harrison and Asia Green talk about understanding your problems and other athletes talk about going to your friends to lift you up during hard times.

When the athletes were thinking about fun memories from other track events, they look back at funny and happy moments. They talk about completing their goals, and enjoying time with their friends during the competitions. Even if an event does not go the way they want it too they still celebrate their friends doing good.

The athletes continue to train, compete, and inspire people around them with their love for the sport. These athletes show how a strong mind, friendship, and hard work can help them do good in the sport.