Chapin Chronicle

The Chapin High School Newspaper

Chapin Chronicle

The Chapin High School Newspaper

Chapin Chronicle

Understanding the Complexities of the Israel and Palestinian Conflict

Many people across the globe are watching in fear as millions of innocent families are dying due to the genocide Israel is putting upon the Palestinian people. The Israel-Palestine conflict is deeply rooted in historical, religious, and geopolitical difficulties, with the dispute rising over the different aspirations and rights to land. The pursuit to finally achieve peace between the two countries is growing more challenging as the days pass by as the Palestinian people are slowly dying from warfare. 

Dating all the way back to the late 19th century, conflict grew when the Zionist group pushed to have a Jewish homeland in Palestine. Mass displacement took place within the Palestinian population, which marked the beginning for the opposing sides resentment towards each other. Numerous wars and peace initiatives have shaped the region’s landscape, issues like the status of Jerusalem and territorial borders are major walls in the creation of negotiations. 

In addition to the issues stated, there are external factors that complicate the situation even more. Regional powers, global superpowers, and international organizations have influenced the directions of the conflict taking place, sometimes even strengthening tensions instead of leading towards resolution. For example, the United States are known supporters of Israel and continuously receive a lot of backlash by citizens for their supporting acts. While many Arab nations support the Palestinian cause. 

Thoughts of the inhumane acts taking place in the conflict have grown concern for many people around the globe. Many individual side with Palestinians saying that the “war” Israel is calling against them is instead genocide, as many innocent families are losing homes due to bombing and are starving to death and being murdered by Israeli troops. The thought of the ethically of Israel is constantly being questioned not just by citizens but by major politicians around the world, which bring up the urgent need for resolution and peace. In the recent years, renewed cycles of violence between Palestine and Israel erupt randomly. Because of how complex and sometimes even confusing this conflict is, many find it difficult to produce a solution to this horrible war. 

To conclude, the Israel and Palestine conflict remains a continues issue that is demanding international help and efforts from everyone to help put an end to this war. It is best to understand the root of this problem and why each side is fighting over a specific piece of land. In addressing some of the historical, political, inhumane, and individual views, I hope to enlighten people on this topic as it is still an ongoing problem today.