Chapin Chronicle

The Chapin High School Newspaper

Chapin Chronicle

The Chapin High School Newspaper

Chapin Chronicle

Chapin New Year

The year 2023 brought a mix of emotions – joy, sadness, and excitement. It taught us valuable lessons and gave us memories to cherish. I spoke with a few Chapin students about their experiences, New Year resolutions, and the lessons they learned.

First, I talked to Saniyah Harrison. Her goals for the year were to “grow closer to God, work on herself, and become a better person.” Despite the ups and downs, she enjoyed 2023, making new friends and having a good time. Her advice is simple: “Don’t just follow others; do what makes you happy.”

Next, Aubrey Calderon shared her goals of “working harder in school, excelling in cheer, and strengthening her relationship with God.” Aubrey had a great year, meeting new people and enjoying various experiences. Her advice is to “pursue your goals and appreciate the present because time is precious and irreversible.”

Lastly, Destiny Henderson aimed to “make money, deepen her connection with God, and improve herself in 2023.” Despite facing challenges, Destiny’s advice is straightforward: “Don’t trust everyone, and follow your own path.”

As we say goodbye to 2023, these stories remind us of our shared journey, the challenges we face, and the importance of staying true to ourselves.