Chapin Chronicle

The Chapin High School Newspaper

Chapin Chronicle

The Chapin High School Newspaper

Chapin Chronicle

Not So Fast: Students React to New Water Fountains

Nicholas Galindo
    The new water fountains can be seen around the halls.

Over the past week, students and faculty around the school have noticed the new water fountains being installed where the old ones sat. The new fountains bring a modernized look to the school and present an eco-friendly opportunity with its water-bottle filling station. But for some, new doesn’t mean better. 

“The old ones are better,” junior Daniel McFadden said about the fountains. “The new ones don’t hit like the old ones did.” 

But why is that? The new water fountains are from the brand “Murdock” and have received plenty of good reviews online. The fountain received a 4.8 out of 5 rating from the website ‘PRO Drinking Fountains’ and are supposed to bring a refreshing taste to the water. 

“I can’t explain it,” junior Alex Gray said about why the old water fountains are better. “The new ones are cool but the old ones just taste better.” 

Some students believe that the old fountains gave out colder water.  

“The old ones used to give out colder water,” sophomore Jumbei Foster said. “I’ll miss them.” 

There are still some old water fountains remaining, like the 6 around the gym. Those are yet to be replaced.  

Even with some students liking the old fountains more than the new ones, most enjoy the water-bottle filling station attached to the new fountains. 

“That is the only good part, honestly,” Foster said. “I’ve used it a couple of times, I like it.” 

Even those that dislike the new fountains appreciate the fact that the school trying to upgrade the fountains. 

“I think it’s cool they did that for us, even though the old ones will always be better,” Gray said.