Chapin Chronicle

The Chapin High School Newspaper

Chapin Chronicle

The Chapin High School Newspaper

Chapin Chronicle

School Challenge with Students leaving trash

Armani Martin
    The school is struggling with students leaving trash in the hallways.

A persistent issue has carved a divide among the school community – the sight of discarded trash strewn across the floors and staircases.

“It’s disheartening, the lack of consideration shown by some of our peers towards the cleanliness of our school is appalling. It undermines the hard work of our janitorial staff who strive to maintain a clean environment,” freshman Dante Duran said.

Some only blame themselves for the issue.

“We’ve unfortunately fallen into these habits,” freshman Abigail Sanchez said. “We all desire a clean school, but it’s evident that education and instilling a sense of responsibility among students are crucial in curbing this issue.”

Others believe it isn’t that big of a deal.

“Sure, some leave their trays or papers behind,” freshman Santi Pastran said. “But it’s not a big deal, right? We have janitors for this.” His nonchalant attitude underscored the importance of individual actions in preserving a conducive learning environment.

Their differing perspectives painted a complex picture of the challenge the school faced. The clash between those demanding change, those acknowledging the issue’s roots, and those perceiving it as inconsequential created a tapestry of viewpoints.

Amidst this discourse, the school’s hallways remained a battleground of ideologies – some advocating for immediate change, some calling for education and awareness, and others downplaying the urgency.

In the heart of it all, lay a school longing for unity in purpose, where each student’s contribution, however small, could tip the scales towards a cleaner, more respectful environment for all.